Utility Nav Top Nav Content Left Nav Site Search Site Search Site Search
Educated to Lead. Inspired to Achieve.

Transferring in Credit

Westminster College works with students who wish to transfer in college credit, whether it be from high school through International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement (AP), or dual credit or dual enrollment; or college credit from another higher education institution.

International Baccalaureate

Westminster College has a generous transfer policy for IB. Students who present a full IB diploma with a final total score of 28 points or better will be awarded a year's worth (30 hours) of credit toward graduation.Students receiving an IB certificate will be awarded IB credits by individual courses taken or subject scores of 5, 6, or 7 on the exam.

Learn more about International Baccalaureate Students at Westminster

AP Credit and Dual Credit Courses

Westminster College will consider AP courses and/or dual credit courses for the awarding of academic credit. Whether these courses will transfer to the College and which degree requirements they will fulfill is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Generally speaking, AP courses will be considered for transfer if a student scores a 4 or 5 on the AP exam. In the case of some exams and departments, credit will be considered with a score of 3.

Dual credit courses will be considered for transfer as long as the student has received a grade of "C" or better in the course. All students are encouraged to take our Academic Writing course, as it will better prepare them for the type of written requirements in all departments.

Transferring Credit from another Institution

Westminster College has transfer agreements with several partner schools. If you wish to transfer credit from a different institution, we have an online system which you can use to see if if a course has been evaluated for transfer credit.  If a particular course is not shown, please ask for a course review. 

Partner Schools and Transfer Agreements
See if My Course will Transfer

Back to Top