The main administrative office building, Westminster Hall was built in 1911 and renovated in 1973-74. Located in this building are classrooms, faculty offices, the Offices of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Student Life, the Office of Business Affairs, the Learning Opportunities Center, the Student Counseling and Health Services Center, and the L.M. and Virginia Atchinson Computer Center.
The Columns, located on The Hill, are the only remnant of the original Westminster Hall, destroyed by fire in 1909. Two of the most revered Westminster traditions are the fall Convocation when new students enter the campus through The Columns and Commencement when graduating students pass back through The Columns into the world.
The Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury
Twice destroyed by fire, the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury, located at the corner of Westminster Avenue and 7th Street, is part of the Winston Churchill Memorial and Library in the United States. Dating from the 12th century, it was redesigned by Sir Christopher Wren in 1677 after the Great Fire of London. Left in ruins by World War II, the architectural masterpiece was saved from demolition by the bold idea to move it to the Westminster campus where it was reconstructed and restored.
Breakthrough - The Cold War Memorial
One year after the November 9, 1989, fall of the Berlin Wall, President Ronald Reagan dedicated Breakthrough, an 11-foot-high by 32-foot-long structure sculpted from 8 sections of the Berlin Wall by artist Edwina Sandys, granddaughter of Winston Churchill, as the centerpiece of the Cold War Memorial on the Westminster campus. Visitors may view Breakthrough on Latshaw Plaza adjacent to the Churchill Memorial.
Coulter Science Center
Extensively renovated and expanded, the Wallace H. Coulter Science Center showcases some of the highlights in Wallace Coulter's illustrious career. The building houses the 200-seat Schuessler Humphreys Amphitheater; classrooms; laboratory facilities for biology, chemistry, environmental studies, psychology and physics and faculty offices for these disciplines as well as mathematical sciences.
Built in 1928 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a National Historic Landmark in 1969, the building was the site of Sir Winston Churchill's speech in 1946. The gymnasium accommodates basketball and volleyball sports. A swimming pool, locker rooms and classrooms are located on the ground floor.
Hunter Activity Center
Opened in 1989, the Hunter Activity Center (HAC) is a 29,000 square-foot facility, providing athletic, recreational, meeting and social space. The HAC gym features a jogging track, a racquetball court, a work-out and weight room, shower and dressing room facilities. The lower level houses the Johnson College Inn (JCI) snack bar, a television lounge, and a game and music room. Staff offices for the Emerson Center for Leadership & Service are housed in HAC.
Mueller Leadership Hall
Westminster's new dining hall, Mueller Leadership Hall, opened in 2007 and features better food choices and improved traffic flow to provide an excellent dining experience. The facility includes a large community dining hall with vaulted, wood-beam ceilings, 16 private dining booths, three private dining rooms and a large patio. The Kent and Judith Mueller Student Center is also part of Mueller Leadership Hall.
The Elizabeth T. Champ Auditorium, built in 1966, seats 1,400 persons for concerts, lectures, dramatic productions, movies and other college events such as Commencement. The lower level houses the Office of Admissions and Student Financial Planning and an audio-visual classroom.
Newnham Hall (Formerly the Hall of Science)
Named for the late Eugene Newnham '32, this building is the oldest on campus. Built in 1901, the structure has been extensively remodeled and affords space for general classrooms and faculty offices in foreign languages, sociology, anthropology, classics, and the Office of Career Services.
Reeves Memorial Library
Reeves Memorial Library houses an excellent collection of book, periodical and electronic resources. The library provides access to nearly 14 million volumes of the 50 Missouri colleges and universities that participate in a statewide library consortium. The library subscribes to 400 periodicals in paper and provides access to the full-text of articles from more than 3,000 periodicals through online databases. The Hazel Wing houses multimedia classrooms and campus computer labs.
Washington West House
Named for a native of St. Louis whose estate provided funds for construction as a presidential residence in 1906-07, this building was remodeled to accommodate the Offices of the President, College Relations and Alumni and Parent Relations. The building is now home to the Office of the President and the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communications.
Westminster Alumni Center
Purchased in 1991 and remodeled in 2000, this building accommodates the Office of Development. An Alumni Lounge is available in the building for meetings and a place to relax while visiting campus. On display are two restored stained glass windows from Swope Chapel and a tribute to the Westminster men who served in WWII.
Davidson Leadership Plaza
This striking landmark in the center of The Hill is a large fountain plaza with compass point entrances, dappling pools, and anchored with a 8 ft bronze abstract sculpture, The Flight of Leadership. Named for President Emeritus Robert L. D. Davidson, (1955-1973), who was instrumental in bringing the Winston Churchill Memorial and Library to Westminster College, the Plaza was built with a generous contribution from an alumnus. It stands to commemorate Westminster's first 150 years of delivering outstanding education and serves as a catalyst for the next 150 years.
Westminster's campus "quad" is surrounded by five first-year residence halls. Upperclassmen live in the Groves townhouses, Westminster Apartments, Greek houses, or upperclass residence halls.