Utility Nav Top Nav Content Left Nav Site Search Site Search Site Search
Educated to Lead. Inspired to Achieve.


Risk Management
Frequently Asked Questions

What qualifies as a potentially dangerous activity that requires use of the General Liability Release Form?

Any activity where there is a reasonable chance (as opposed to an outside possibility) of injury requires use of the form. When in doubt, ask if it's needed.

What do I need to do to take my class on a field trip?

No Event Registration Form is required unless there are potentially dangerous activities involved in the trip. Class trips also do not require the General Liability Release form. The only forms required are the Off-Campus Trip Roster and the Private Vehicle Release (if applicable).

What if Westminster policies and procedures are different from those of our organization's national office?

Always follow the more strict policy. When different forms are required, check with the appropriate Westminster office to see if the national form will suffice for Westminster.

How do I reserve college-owned vehicle?

Plant Operations (x5282) handles all vehicle reservations. They can also get a rental vehicle if college vehicles are inappropriate or unavailable.

What if I have another question not listed here?

Contact the appropriate office. The Office of Student Activities (x5243) handles non-academic functions. The Office of Community Action and Service-Learning (x6213) handles any in-class or out-of-class service. The Office of Residential & Greek Life (x5242) handles any programs involving residence halls, fraternities, or sororities. Finally, the Business Office (x5390) handles broad risk management policy.
Back to Top