Westminster College will teach you, as a biology major, to understand, interpret, and manipulate biological processes and organisms, and we will educate you to rise as a leader.
Enjoy study and research in our state-of-the-art Coulter Science Center, including an anatomy lab for full human cadaveric dissection — one of few available at an undergraduate college or university.
Through lab and field work, plus group-related and independent projects, you will graduate with the diverse skills and knowledge you need to excel. Join a long legacy of Westminster's biology graduates who are now successful doctors and researchers.
Make the Most of Your Major
Engage in off-campus activities. The Biology Department regularly sponsors summer research trips to such locations as Belize, Kenya, Peru and Ecuador (including the famed Galapagos Islands).
Do independent research, and enjoy a wide range of intern opportunities. Enjoy presenting your research data at regional and national conferences as well as Westminster’s own Undergraduate Scholars’ Forum.
- Explore the excitement of new discoveries and shape creativity and critical reasoning skills while appreciating the complexity and ecological significance of various life forms and biological processes.
- Use innovative ideas, existing research and coordinated research to improve human health, food supply and the environment.
- Start your path to a career within the life sciences, health professions, or allied health fields.
Where Our Grads & Interns Go
- Washington University School of Medicine
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- SIUE School of Pharmacy
- MU, veterinary medicine
- BerkleyMed, data analyst
- UMKC School of Pharmacy
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- St. Louis Zoo
- Sigma Aldrich, chemist
- Missouri Dept. of Natural Resources
- Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
- and more