The Westminster Internship Program is designed to extend student learning opportunities beyond the traditional classroom setting into professional work environments.
Information on hiring international students as interns or employees.
U.S. Dept. of Labor's criteria for paid/unpaid internships (for for-profit entities)
- Test and apply academic theory in a work setting
- Develop skills and expand knowledge in a specific field
- Clarify career goals
- Opportunity to work and learn from professionals; networking
- Smooth transition from the classroom to the world of work
- Sense of accomplishment by contributing to an organization
Areas in which interns could be of assistance:
- Research assistant
- Project coordinator
- Marketing/PR/Communication interns
- Technical interns
- Event management interns
- Statistics interns
- Resource management interns
- Teaching assistants
- Environmental assessment
- Much more!
How to Post an Internship
- Our jobs and internships are posted online in Columns CareerLink (powered by CSO). Go the Employer Login page, and choose "Click here to register". On your first visit, you will need to complete a profile, and then you can post as many positions as you like for FREE!
- If you have questions about how to create an internship, would like ideas for how to utilize an intern, or if you would prefer we post the position for you, contact the Internship Program at 573-592-5382 or email@example.com.